Dracula Study Guide Questions and Answers Chapters 10,11,12,13,14,15,16
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch. 10
- Discuss the issue of madness and God. How is this mentioned?
- Does Van Helsing’s description of Lucy differ substantially from Seward’s? Why?
- How is the evil presented in this chapter?
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch.11
- Define stream of consciousness.
- What error occurs in this chapter?
- What is the mindset of the person who commits it, and why is it important?
- What is the motif of the articles?
- What does Renfield do in this chapter? Why does he do it?
- Relate the broken glass in the diary to the newspaper article and Lucy.
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch. 12
- Note how science is unable to prevent Dracula from acting.
- Why is Morris heroic?
- Why is Mina’s letter ironic?
- Lucy of course dies in this chapter – what motif is associated with her death that we have already seen before?
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch. 13
- What forces are at work here? (In Seward’s entries) Note them.
- What is the purpose of the newspaper article? What do we know that someone just reading the paper would not know?
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch. 14
- What is physiognomy?
- What will ultimately kill Dracula?
- How are the forces of good slowly gaining momentum?
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch. 15
- What should convince Seward of their great danger, and why doesn’t it?
- How does Dracula’s grotesqueness continue in this chapter?
Dracula Study Guide Questions Ch 16.
- What is the host-Eucharist for?
- What changes Arthur’s mind about Van Helsing’s work?
- Note the scene when Van Helsing sees Lucy return to her grave.
- What is in Van Helsing’s “anti-vampire” kit?
- What role will Arthur play in Lucy’s future?
- What is Lucy’s transformation?
- How does the conclusion of this chapter anticipates the turning point to come?